Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
mm

Default duplicating phone and ring voltage

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 04:10:17 -0500, "JANA" wrote:

Phones need 48 Volts DC with an in series of 600 to 800 ohm source. The ring
is 96 Volts at 25 Hz.

Thanks a lot.

For the answering machine, if it is a name brand, you should be able to get
the information about how to reset the remote code. If it is a fixed
uninique code, then you have a problem.

It is a fixed code. A friend of mine and I each bought one 21 years
ago, and the code was printed on the box, not on the bottom of the
unit that became more common. I wish it had been on the bottom; we
would still have it! This new one is from the wife of a friend, and
she stopped using it a couple years ago and has forgotten the code.

It's Code-a-Phone, model 2530 or similar model.

For what it is worth, maybe it would
be better to simply get a new answering machine.

Like I say, this is my all-time favorite phone machine. I have about
10 others, all different brands or models, that I've bought in the
last 2 or 3 years, paying 1 to 3 dollars each at hamfests. They all
work as designed but I don't like how they work.