Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Devonshire

Default Mouse Balls

On the day of Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:20:51 -0600...
Matt Helm
typed these letters:

(Devonshire) writes:

I just realized that the old ball mice are optical as well.

Actually, 15 years ago I used an optical mouse regularly. No, it
didn't use a ball. No, it wasn't IBM compatible.

Matt

And I thought this was a joke...I think I may have found this mystery
optical mouse device. Was it made by Mouse Systems? And perhaps used
on machines made by Sun Microsystems? The mouse I'm refering to was
indeed optical. No ball. But it required a special gridded mouse
pad that had to be oriented in a certain way in order for it to work
correctly. If this is the mouse in question it doesn't work the same
as the modern optical mice. The modern ones take pictures of the
surface to track movement. The modern optical mice were not available
in 1991.

Devonshire