Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tony

Default need steel supplier

You can also try Fleischer , Saxon Ave, Bayshore, they are well stocked and
will cut to size. They also have lots of short pieces lying around. When you
go into the warehouse it will be hard to control yourself.

Tony
wrote in message
oups.com...
thanks, I found ferrari on the web. I am going to call a few local
shops first,( i'm on long iland). got any ideas on cutting 1/8" 1018
plate? I have been trying to get retangular pieces with a clean cut ,
square corners, and sised close to what I spec, the local shops sheer
it and just dont get it when I tell them that I need it square and a
certain sise.
so it seems that i will have to order slightly larger and re cut and
sise myself, but without a large budjet what type of used machine could
resise small pieces.