Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Eric R Snow

Default Another vibratory polisher question

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 17:08:12 -0500, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

I have just about finished building one and need to know about the
action it should have. I read on a web site for commercial polishers
that they use 3600 rpm as the speed, so I set it for that. But I don't
know how vigorous it should be. Does one of these *just* vibrate, or is
there a noticeable shaking to the action? Putting it quantitatively,
how much displacement (side to side) does a v-p have?

Thanks,
Bob

Is it a bowl? What's the capacity? Some of the machines have an
adjustable weight to vary the amplitude. You should see a good mixing
action when it is running. If you are going to use water in it then
that will also change the action. How did you build it?
ERS