jim rozen

Default Sheldon lathe guys

In article , dot says...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ategory=12 72

The picture makes it appear as if the compound can be positioned
anywhere along the cross slide.

I would tend to agree. I've never seen a setup like this before.

I think that in this photo one can see one of the two vertical
clamping screws that tighten the clamp that holds the compound
to the slide:

http://www.reliableiam.com/OCTB3/b78j.jpg

It's the one at the extreme rear, right corner of the flat
base for the compound. The other one is hidden. I think
the thing that you say might be a gib is actually the
clamp, which would be gib-shaped and visible in that 9th
photo. The difference is it's not tapered, and tightens
by pulling upwards.

Jim

please reply to: