Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C.

Default Low water pressure or low water flow?

Ignoramus22745 wrote:

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 15:51:46 GMT, Tony Hwang wrote:
If softener hasn't been used, maybe it caused scale build up in your
plumbing?

Could be, I guess. We never used it, previous owners installed prior
to our neighborhood's switch to better water. They ceased using it way
before we bought the house from them.

Being not used, I'd bypass it anyhow. And in my city every
new house comes with pressure gauge, regulator and remotely read
meter(via satellite radio). The pressure is set at 60 psi.

Very nice. I doubt that my water pressure is anywhere close to 60
psi. What are these regulators like? I would love to have one.

Also, just for my curiosity, are pressure booster pumps worth
anything?

A regulator won't fix low pressure, only high pressure. If you have city
water and the pressure is low it's the city's responsibility to fix it.
You certainly should not need to spend money on a booster pump of any
kind.

Pete C.