Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JANA

Default Repair of old arcade monitor 1979

If the picture is off centre, there is obviously a component(s) that has
failed. It would be best to have the monitor properly serviced, rather than
try tweaking it to compensate for an error. I am sure that the monitor
originally did not have the fault you are describing. In a monitor that
old, it is more than likely that there are a number of high ESR capacitors,
and maybe even some resistor values that have drifted out with age, and
whatever use the monitor had.

--

JANA
_____

wrote in message
oups.com...
I've got a rare old vector arcade monitor from a "Warrior" arcade game
that came out in 1979. Everything works except that the picture is way
off center. To the point that about half of it is off-screen. I've
adjusted the horizontal and vertical controls as far as they go. So
I'm thinking I need to adjust the yoke. But I've never done that
before. I tried loosening the screw and I can rotate it which rotates
the picture. But I don't know how to move it to a different angle to
get the picture back in the middle. It's an old b&w monitor so I don't
have to worry about color convergience or anything like that. Can
someone give a novice a clue on how to go about this? Thanks!

John