Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily

Default Technics SL HD V600

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
. com...
sausagedogfishing wrote:
I have a 5 yr old Technics CD/DVD player thats suddenly started
showing 'No Disc' or 'DVD H02' in the display window when trying to
play a DVD. The Manual says nothing about this H02 fault, any idea's ?

Based on Panasonic history - either a bad spindle motor, which they've had
many of the past several years, or a bad pickup. If possible try giving
the disc a spin clockwise about the time it "should" spin. It might just
take off and start running.

Mark Z.

I agree with Mark. " H02 " is officially spindle servo error, and it's very
common for this to be caused by a faulty motor. Did one just last week, but
it's not a very DIY-friendly job. I also agree that you can usually get it
going by flicking the disc round at spinup time.

If it is motor, it comes ready fitted to a sub-deck, that you then have to
swap the laser and some drive gears over to, and also a rotation sensor pcb
under the turntable. When it is fitted, and working, you then have to align
the three tilt adjust screws for minimum jitter factor, after you've invoked
the built in jitter meter through a service test mode.

Arfa