Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Devonshire

Default HackSaw blade installation options?

On the day of Mon, 27 Mar 2006 22:57:38 -0800...
"Ken Davey"
typed these letters:

It is truly amazing how many so called tradesmen beaver away with a hacksaw
without regard to the pressure on the back stroke. Not only does it ruin the
blade in short order but the energy input is half wasted,

Sigh.
Ken.

I had not thought of wearing the blade by pressure on the back stroke.

In my case, regardless of what direction the blade is installed I put
more emphasis into the direction that it is cutting. However, when
using an elecric recipocating saw I've never let off on the back
stroke. Perhaps this causes recipocating saw blades to wear out
faster than a band saw. Then again, band saw blades have a lot
more teeth to wear out than a scroll saw blade. I don't know.

Devonshire