Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack

Default VERY IMPORTANT - MUY IMPORTANTE -

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 21:27:12 GMT, raden wrote:

In message , Mike Halmarack
writes
I could go on, but then you should be using your analytical brain to do
this yourself - the problem is that most xtians seem incapable of doing
this

In the past most people had the same unswerving faith in religion that
you're demonstrating that you have in science now.

How do you come to that erroneous conclusion ?

How do you come to the erroneous conclusion that I came to an
erroneous conclusion?

Today most people
believe in science as an act of faith, usually not having the time
energy or capacity to test for themselves the scientific theories they
fuzzily believe in.

I do have a degree in physics, which on the whole seems to provably work
- your computer, TV, car etc all rely on it

Do you assume that I think TV's are magic?

In the future a large part of what is held to be
scientifically true today will be replaced.

Since the world hasn't fallen apart - I doubt it

You doubt it since the world hasn't fallen apart?
That smacks of religion to me.
The world would do just fine without science or religion.

We are more likely to find that the laws of physics are special cases of
the fuller picture like Newton was to Einstein

That does seem to be the current trend. Why build new castles in the
air when you can comfortably modernise old ones, regardless of their
obsolescence.
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack