Posted to uk.d-i-y
.

Default DECT phone keys are dead

Lobster wrote:
. wrote:
Lobster wrote:

. wrote:

JoeJoe wrote:

I have had one of the more expensive Philips DECT phones (Onis VOX
300) for the last couple of years now, and of the 4 handsets 3 are
pretty much useless now as you quite literally have to stand on
the buttons to make them work. The 4th unit one is only marginally
better... To make a key work requires 2-3 attempts of pressing it
from different angles, and involves considerable force.

are the bateries removable ? are they dead ? FWIW we've had 2
philips kala DECT phones since they came out (6+ years c£90 ea)
and both of them have been in veritable building sites for most of
that time ergo, loads of dust and dirty hands. I've never
dismantled them to clean them and they both work fine. I have had
to change the 2 AA nicads which were supplied with the phones for
nihm AA's about 2 years ago but apart from that they work
flawlesssly.

Heh! We also have kala phones (3), and have exactly the same problem
as the OP, and which is on the Round Tuit list for sorting out. The
phones are (predictably) affected in severity directly
proportionally to the amount of use they get.

David

perhaps you ought to wash your hands before using them ?

as I've said, we've had ours since they came out and have been in 3
houses, all of which have been building sites at one time or another
with all the attendant dust and rubble. the only thing which has gone
wrong is the batteries failed after a few years.

Never mind all that - do you have any kids?

do you allow your kids to maul your phones with dirty hands ?

Nuff said.

quite. chav ;-)