Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve S

Default VERY IMPORTANT - MUY IMPORTANTE -

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"Steve S" wrote in message
k...

"Mary Fisher" wrote :

Those who argue against religious beliefs are the ones who should do the
thinking. We've already done it.

What's your problem?

You didn't ask me, but I'll tell you anyway.

I have a problem with the untold suffering and bloodshed that has been
inflicted throughout history, and continues to this day, in the name of
religion.

I have a problem with the hypocrisy, particularly of many Christian
sects.

I have a problem with a religion that can shuffle paedophile priests from
one parish (hunting ground) to another.

On a more cerebral front, I have a problem that there are so many
religions each claiming to be the only true one. They can't all be right.

I have a problem in believing something that cannot be either proved or
disproved.

I could go on...

Do you believe that all these sad aspects of life are peculiar to
religions?

No, I don't, not all of them, but religion seems a bloody pathetic excuse
for them.

It was peculiar to religion that pre-pubescent boys were castrated so that
the Catholic church could have soprano voices -- women were banned.

It is peculiar to religion that women are genitally mutilated today.

It is peculiar to religion that children are being born with HIV in Africa
because their parents are denied contraception.

I suppose that because it's religion it makes it all right. No? Well what
gives you the right, as a believer in religion, so say that your religion is
right and the others are wrong?

Steve S