Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster

Default final BCO inspection - stage of finishedness ?

wrote:
There are quite a few points at which they might want to inspect, but the
*final* inspection should take place when it's ready to be occupied.

You mean for a kitchen, they have to come back after you've put in the
kitchen units ?

Sure. The property needs to be 'inhabitable' before they sign off. But
in practice, it's not likely to be a case of having them come back just
to check the kitchen. If I'm doing a notifiable project, I normally
check with the BCO when he comes round exactly what stage I should be at
next time he visits. (And I take *loads* of digital photos of
everything I do before it gets covered up, just to cover my butt in the
event that someone says 'ere, what size lintel is behind that plaster?'
Dunno if it works - never had to put it to the test yet!)

David