Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster

Default DECT phone keys are dead

.. wrote:
JoeJoe wrote:

I have had one of the more expensive Philips DECT phones (Onis VOX
300) for the last couple of years now, and of the 4 handsets 3 are
pretty much useless now as you quite literally have to stand on the
buttons to make them work. The 4th unit one is only marginally
better... To make a key work requires 2-3 attempts of pressing it
from different angles, and involves considerable force.

are the bateries removable ? are they dead ? FWIW we've had 2
philips kala DECT phones since they came out (6+ years c£90 ea)
and both of them have been in veritable building sites for most of that
time ergo, loads of dust and dirty hands. I've never dismantled them
to clean them and they both work fine. I have had to change the 2 AA
nicads which were supplied with the phones for nihm AA's about 2 years
ago but apart from that they work flawlesssly.

Heh! We also have kala phones (3), and have exactly the same problem as
the OP, and which is on the Round Tuit list for sorting out. The phones
are (predictably) affected in severity directly proportionally to the
amount of use they get.

David