Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default 220V indicator light

FDR wrote:
"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
.. .
Julian wrote:
I have installed two baseboard electric baseboard heaters in my
basement. One is 1000W and the other is a 500 W unit. They're both
on the same circuit breaker and joined at a junction box near the
circuit box.

I'd like to add an indicator light (preferably on the first level)
to let me know if they are on. I think I need some kind of light to
detect current.

I'm looking for a cost effective way to let me know if either (or
both) heaters are drawing current.

Any ideas?

Julian

Two ideas.

Wire a 120V lamp from one hot to neutral. (assuming you have one)
You could go to ground, but I don't think that is a really good idea.

Wire a diode in series, that will give you 110 (likely 120) .

Or two lamps in series, with the open ends aross the hot and neutral.

I assume you mean hot and hot (both legs of the hot)

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

--