Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Kevin Ricks

Default duplicating phone and ring voltage

"mm" wrote in message
I need to connect some telephone-type things together in my own little
circuit, and test them, but I don't know a simple method or what
voltages to use. I think I need to use some wire, some kind of DC
power, something to put a ring-signal on the line, a phone, and
whatever I am testing.

For example, I'm getting a replacement for my all-time favorite phone
answering machine, but the owner has forgotten the 3-digit code for
remote message retrieval. I'm willing to try all 900 or 1000,
probably while I'm watching tv, but only if I can get it to go
quickly.

Are you sure you can't just program a new access code without knowing the
old one? My machine does not ask for any codes at the base unit for
anything. The new code just replaces the old. Only remote access requires
the code. But yours may be different.

Kevin