Posted to sci.electronics.repair
crazy frog

Default combining 2 power supplies

cant fined the old article on pc power
supplies.
thay hav a new one on useing them as a 13v
high power unit without a pc connected.

"crazy frog" wrote in message
u...
www.siliconchip.com.au

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message
"crazy frog" writes:

no not all, look at silicon chips artical

Perhaps a link?

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header

above
is
ignored unless my full name AND either lasers or electronics is included

in the

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message
"crazy frog" writes:

im useing a supply with no mobo and 100ohm works fine.

And so you think this applies equally well to ALL power supplies?

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message
"crazy frog" writes:

green wire to black ground starts them up, but put
a load on them first like youre drives.
only the motherboard needs power good.
if running with no load, use a 5watt 100ohm resistor
accross the 5v+ to black ground for a dummy load.

100 ohms may be too high. 5 ohms probably better. But an

automotive
taillight (incandescent) or dead harddrive also should work.