Posted to alt.home.repair
Lew

Default Hardwood floor tile installation

My son wants to install Pergo hardwood flooring in his recently
purchased (30 year old) concrete slab constructed home. The forced-air
heating ducts run inside the walls so I'm pretty sure that there's no heat
or anything else coming up through the floor. I can't find any definitive
information about what, if anything, needs to be put between the flooring
and the concrete, and I'm mystified that I can't even find a mention of the
idea of including a layer of insulation. Heating a concrete slab through a
north eastern US winter can't be cheap.
I welcome any comments and ideas.
-LS