Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom G

Default Clothes Dryer Taking Longer.....

"Tom McQuinn" wrote in message
PipeDown wrote:

Pete C. - I wanted to smack myself when I saw how simple the 'moisture
sensor' was. Once I understood what I was looking for all I had to do was
stick my head through the door to see them. The contact bars show no sign
of corrosion but I will certainly explore this further if the latest clean
out doesn't cure the problem.

I went on line and reserved a couple of appliance repair books from the
library when I started this. I may not need them with this kind of help!

Tom

As Pete C mentioned, dirt is a common problem with these sensors. The usual
"dirt" is a waxy buildup from using dryer sheets. If you use them, need to
wipe off the sensors with something like alcohol every three months or so.

Tom G.