Posted to alt.home.repair
JerryL

Default Cultured Marble vanity top

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I need to replace the vanity top in my bathroom. Unfortunately the
vanity is 24x18 so I need a 25x19 vanity top. I have very few choices
available in that size. I was going to order a custom cultured marble
top from Lowes but a customer who was overhearing my conversation with
the staff person advised me against it. She said that she had bad
experience with culture marble. She said that it cracked and broke
because of hot water (while cleaning). I currently have a cheap
cultured marble and have not had any such problems. She told me to
look for a granite top in some special granite shops.

Even though it is my primary bath and I wouldn't mind the expense, I am
thinking the vanity is too small and probably does not merit all the
hassle. I would be perfectly happy with a decent looking moderately
priced cultured marble vanity top but wanted to know what others
thought about the realiability of one.

Thanks in advance,

I have cultured marble for years and never once had a problem with it. I buy
polish at Home Depot made for cultured marble and I do it once in awhile and
it still looks new.