Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik

Default Intensity ripple on Tek 465B

Sam Goldwasser wrote in
:

JW writes:

On 26 Mar 2006 12:35:51 -0500 Sam Goldwasser
wrote in Message id: :

I used a rubber tube to blow on various components in the HV area.

OK, I'm assuming you've found a way to heat the air first. I'm
interested in this setup - could you elaborate?

In this case, it wasn't a matter of heat. It turned out that simply
air flow made the difference since this occurred immediately after
power on before anything had a chance to heat up.

If I had to provide heat, a blow dryer would have been my tool of
choice

Note that your breath will have high levels of moisture in it,that could
alter the conductivity of the thick-film elements,especially if the thick-
film is dirty.

I used to use an ordinary hairdryer(folding travel style) at low heat,until
one of the cleaning people stole it.(along with my TI-30 calculator)

a paper cone narrowed the air flow to what I desired.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik