Posted to rec.woodworking
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net

Default Minimum size for woodshop

I always have to laugh at what some people consider 'necessary' for a
wood shop. My father did an amazing amount of woodwork in the basement
of our house when I was a kid. Now, this basement was nothing more than
a dirt hole. The ceiling was so low (and Dad was 6' 2"), he would
literally bang his head if he wasn't careful. The basement was small,
cramped, and stuffed with all sorts of things to get in the way (oil
furnace, water heater and water softener, canned food shelves, etc.).

And yet, somehow, he managed.

If you've got the space, use it! If not, work in the space you got!

Jack

Bob wrote:
I would like to add a room to the side of my house for a small wood shop.
The best I can do with my property is a shop no more than nine feet wide.
Length can be as much as twenty feet. I would need a table saw, of course,
as well as a work bench and some of the essential, smaller power tools
(router table?, band saw?, etc.) Do I have enough space?
RB