Dave Liquorice

Default Emergency generator question

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 20:39:27 +0100, PoP wrote:

Are you saying that the UPS supported mains is permanently
configured to run off the protected side of the UPS?

I can't see any other way of achieving what you suggest, and if
that's the case surely the protected circuit has to be sent around
the house, duplicating the regular (non-UPS) mains circuit?

That is correct and something I'm keeping in the back of my mind as a
rewire the various parts of this building. Though the UPS wouldn't
feed everything just those things that really don't like having power
removed without warning, like PCs.

There would be a "maintained" supply that can easyly be fed from the
incoming mains or changed over to a generator, this would power things
like fridges, freezers, strategic lighting (kitchens, stairs, living
rooms) and the input to the UPS. This maintained supply would have
non-standard "13A" sockets so the 3kW kettle can't be plugged into a
2kW gene...

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail