Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default electrcity connection charge

AJH wrote:

I've been offered a yard to house my timber kiln, it is adjacent to a
road with an electricity supply and I'm deciding whether to go with a
generator 11 hours a day or the grid supply. SEEboard deem it a
business connection and are asking for details of welders, motors,
cranes etc. as well as the total load (about 15kW(e)max) before they
will quote.

Has anybody knowledge of costs of a recent 100A domestic installation?

AJH

I dont see how a gen could ever compare with grid. Setup costs are
usually higher, fuel costs are much higher, there's equipment
maintenance, repair and replacement, and finally it ties you in to a
certain amount of labour and inconvenience. If the prices were even
close I'd go grid.

If you want heat at competitive rates I'd take a good look he
http://builditsolar.com/Projects/Spa...rn_project.htm

NT