Posted to alt.home.repair
Puddin' Man

Default Painting a chain link fence

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 11:44:19 -0700, "Big Al" wrote:

Have an old chain link fence that's starting to rust. I want to paint it
black. What is the best way? One of my concerns is not painting my
neighbor's house Recommendations on paint?

Al

1.) If you're going to do anything with it, do it soon.
The rust is truly your mortal enemy.
2.) If you just paint it black, the rust will bleed back thru
muy pronto.
2.) Surface prep to treat rust can be a severe PITA.
But it's unavoidable.

Back in '97, I treated material rust on my CL fence
with a Rustoleum product, then applied aluminum
paint with a thick nap roller (very messy). The
finish is still good, no rust bleed-thru. Onliest
thing I can recommend (and it doesn't come in black).

Good Luck,
Puddin'