Posted to alt.home.repair
DT

Default How to hide support posts in finishing a basement

In article ,
says...

My new ranch home has a full unfinished basement which I plan to turn
into a family room, storage room, bedroom and bath. No matter how I
arrange the floor plan though, I will end up with 3 steel support
posts running down the middle of the family room.

Any ideas on how to make them look like part of the design? They can't
be concealed of course, but maybe somebody out there has come up with
a creative way of using their presence in a basement family room.

Thanks.

You can get nice oak pole covers at Home Depot. They have a series of long oak
slats on a flexible backing (like a tambour desk) that wrap around the pole.
They come with base and top caps.

Dennis