Posted to alt.home.repair
dnoyeB

Default Water Heater Blankets

RJ wrote:
Our water heater is in a small ecnlosure on the back porch.
In winter time the outside temp can drop into the 30's.

I know that modern water heaters are well insulated,
but there's gotta be some heat loss if the surrounding
air is 35 degrees.....

Use a "blanket" over the water heater ?

rj

go outside and put your hand on the heater. How warm does it feel?
Thats how much heat you are loosing. If it does not feel warm enough to
snuggle up with, then a blanket wont do much.

--
Thank you,