Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bill S.

Default JVC AV-27850 What Part D422?

Anyone have a schematic/parts list handy for JVC model AV-27850
color television? The zener diode D422 on the output of the
vertical IC was shorted (among other things) and I can't read
any useful numbers from the part. Supply to the IC is about
28 Volts, which seems normal enough, and the flyback pulse on
the output looked like around 50 Volts on my oscilloscope, so
I tried a 1.5KE62A which shorted out immediately. So what part
is supposed to go there? The original was a tiny thing, like
1/2 Watt or less, which leaves me wondering about such a high
voltage...