Posted to rec.woodworking
todd

Default explosive situation?

"Dhakala" wrote in message
oups.com...

dnoyeB wrote:
Upscale wrote:
"RayV" wrote in message

theory, static can ignite fuel vapors or gases, but wood dust?

Wood dust in the right proportions can be explosive. You can probably
find
more information on it in the rec archives, but I'm sure quite a few
people
will respond with additional information.

I'd like to see that one on myth busters.

http://www.ydr.com/newsfull/ci_3604224

No one says it can't happen in an industrial situation. To my knowledge, no
one has ever documented a case of a dust explosion in a home workshop. If
there is such documentation, I'm open to seeing it, but AFAIK, it has never
been produced here when this topic has surfaced.

todd