Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Default Door knob set

Lawrie wrote:
Hi, can anyone help.
Just moved and one door which we want to lock has what I think is
called a knob set, knobs either side of the door, one with a keyhole
in it and the inside one with hand lock. Unfortunately the previous
people did not have a key so I thought I would buy a new knob set.
Now I find that the distance from the centre of the line connecting
the two knobs to the door edge on the new lock is 60 or 70 mm and the
existing lock is 95 mm. I cant keep the existing latch bit because
the square hole is too small for the new lock rod.
Does anyone know if you can still get 95 mm knob sets. I have tried
several diy stores and they have no idea. One local store said he
could order a 60 mm one and get an additional 95 mm latch but that
would be in the order of £50.
Is the only alternative to cut a new hole nearer the edge of the door
and try to fill the space left with the bit of wood I've just cut out.
Any ideas would be appreciated,
Lawrie

Anything in here...
http://www.diytools.co.uk/diy/Main/knobsandknockers.asp