Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson

Default electrcity connection charge

"Andrew Heggie" wrote in message
Lobster wrote:

Sorry, can't help with up to date domestic connection charges,

but isn't
that rather irrelevant anyway, if they're trying to class you as

business connection?

As Wanderer says - ??

Just to compare with the quote they prepare for me, the "yard has a

certain
hope value for the owner so a supply already fitted will be a

benefit for
him.

Anyway, FWIW I had to pay United Utiities 730 GBP two years ago

for a
new domestic installation. Specs: terraced house right on the

pavement;
existing main already buried in pavement; and muggins had to do

all
digging between outside of the house wall and meter position.

I'd do the digging, so I guess the only other cost is having an

electrician
fit a consumer unit and outdoor sockets, it makes it worthwhile at

these
prices.

AJH

IIRC after my shop fire we were charged something like £600 to re-make
the connection to the main that they cut off underground while smoke
was billowing around, and then a further £600 to reconnect the cable
to the meter. All the auxillary works such as trenching and locating
the new commercial equiv of a consumer unit were done at extra cost by
my contractor. Also my contractor ended up repairing the drain EDF
broke whilst disconnecting us in the first place. Lucky I was insured

AWEM