Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

Default Hot Tub Fragrances

Mys Terry wrote:
On 26 Mar 2006 08:51:04 -0800, wrote:

Would adding a little Eucalyptus oil to my hot tub cause any damage?
Thanks

It won't cause any lasting damage as long as it is a small amount, but it WILL
coat/clog your filter elements, so they will need to be carefully cleaned and
changed out more often.

One of the common maintenance headaches with hottubs occurs when people who use
body lotions and cosmetics use the tub without taking a shower first.
Deliberately adding oils is along the same lines. If you really want to do it,
then go ahead, but expect to do more maintenance as a result.

When I'm entertaining, I certainly don't make my guests shower first, but I plan
on a drain, clean and refill shortly afterwards. 10 guests can contribute a lot
of body lotion!

Hi,
Actually hot tub is germ brewer, LOL!