Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Default seal seems in metal plenum

"Karl Townsend" remove .NOT wrote in
message ink.net...
I'll have yards and yard of places where the metal meets that I need to
seal. It needs to hold up to vibration and high air pressure. And be
paintable. What would you use?

When we built large air handlers for a convention center, we simply sent one
of our 'rats' (a young guy) down inside the duct with several boxes of Butyl
caulk and a air powered caulking gun. The stuff takes a couple of days to
set up strong, but it will withstand 8-10 psi across a 1/4" gap, Never EVER
loses its flexibility (out of sunlight), and sticks to ANYTHING.

LLoyd