Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob Heveri

Default PC collet bottom?

I have the same router in my table. I just cut a 7/8 inch piece of half
inch dowel and placed it in the collet and placed the rubber piece on top of
it. Now the 2 bits match up perfectly. I don't use the dowel and rubber
piece with other router bits, just the CMT offset tongue and groove bits.

Bob Heveri

"CNT" wrote in message
I went to WWS last month and really learned few things. One was with a
router table, put a rubber piece inside the collet so that I can switch
back and forth with (CMT) router bits and it will remain same height (for
cabinetmaking). So I went to ACE and bought some faucet pieces. Drop one in
the collet, still too deep. Anyone know about this? Before I call PC, does
anyone have a solution for this? a deep rubber piece? What?

One thing I am thinking is that since PC has been around for long time,
shouldn't they, by now, see a "need" for a collet lock (and a better
offset wench)? I got PC 7518.

Chuck