Posted to alt.home.repair
Airkings

Default No power to wire?

I'm removing an old bathroom fan/light/heater combo unit and replacing it
with a new one. There are two sets of wiring coming in the box, one from
each side. It's the same setup as the old one.

Here's the problem. The wiring worked fine on the old box. Now when I hook
up the new box, the side that controls the heater is fine, but I'm not
getting juice on the side that controls the fan and light. I confirmed the
fan and light both work. One catch - I have the white hooked to white, and
black to black, but there is a blue wire "left over" coming from one of the
plugs in the box. It says attach it to a red wire, but there is no red wire
in the romex set.

I don't know if the blue wire is the key, but it seems like I'm not getting
juice in that romex set of wires. This is odd, because nothing has changed.
The circuit breakers are fine.

Help!!

(the brand is Broan)

--