Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Lawn Tractor suggestions please

Photon713 wrote:
Can't speak for the others, but, I purchased a John Deere, LT155,
15HP, 42" mulching mower. It use to take me 1 hour to cut my
1+ acre lawn and 1 hour to bag the clippings. My trash service
would only pick up 9 bags of clippings, not to exceed 40 pounds
each, each Thursday. I usually ended up with 15. By purchasing my
JD, I now save myself the hour and dealing with the clippings.

You also save on fertilizer and you are adding mulch.

I've had it for four years and haven't had a single problem.
I purchase a tune-up kit every spring. I love this tractor.

Good Luck...Bob

I got tired of nursing along my old rider and gave it away. I was
sure I wanted a Kohler engine this time out but I see Briggs now has
a fully pressurized lube model which seems popular and now I am not
so sure.
Zero turn is out of the picture. I can't bring myself to pay $1000
more ($2600) than I would pay for a decent tractor type ($1600),
especially for my small lawn. The lawn is just large enough to
demand a rider and takes about an hour to cut. The 42" deck I had
was just about right so I want to stick with that. I mulch so power
can be and issue (it takes a lot more power to mulch).
I have looked around a bit and three machines have caught my eye.
Of the MTD bunch, I like Cub Cadet LT1042. I also saw a nice
Husqvarna and a John Deere. All are in the $1600-$1700 range.
I would appreciate recommendations on engine type/brand/HP and
especially comments on lawn tractor brands.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit