Posted to alt.home.repair
Chuck B.

Default Lawn Tractor suggestions please

wrote:
I got tired of nursing along my old rider and gave it away. I was
sure I wanted a Kohler engine this time out but I see Briggs now has a
fully pressurized lube model which seems popular and now I am not so
sure.
Zero turn is out of the picture. I can't bring myself to pay $1000
more ($2600) than I would pay for a decent tractor type ($1600),
especially for my small lawn. The lawn is just large enough to demand
a rider and takes about an hour to cut. The 42" deck I had was just
about right so I want to stick with that. I mulch so power can be and
issue (it takes a lot more power to mulch).
I have looked around a bit and three machines have caught my eye.
Of the MTD bunch, I like Cub Cadet LT1042. I also saw a nice
Husqvarna and a John Deere. All are in the $1600-$1700 range.
I would appreciate recommendations on engine type/brand/HP and
especially comments on lawn tractor brands.

I have had my John Deere for 3 years and no problems. I got the L110
model and had them put the high back seat on it. Makes a difference in
the comfort column. I have over 1 acre and it takes me about 1 hour to
cut/mulch. All my neighbors now have the John Deere. Seems very popular
here in Florida. Good luck.... Chuck