Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Markus

Default Hitachi AP53 Chassis, Convergence out, STK's statically check, Res / alignment question

Kip,

Must of left the paper with the model # on it inside of the set..
Think that it was a 46UX20B or 21K, really can't remember, chassis is
definitely a AP53, It was manufactured August 1995. He is out of
town for a couple of weeks, learning how to use some sort of new CT
heart scanner.

Thanks for the reply,

Markus

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 18:42:24 -0500, "kip" wrote:

Model is ?????

"Markus" wrote in message
.. .
Greetings,

Went out to look at a Hitachi Projection TV, Convergence was way out,
thought I would pull the chassis and bring it back to the shop for
Convergence module and resistor replacement. Well, I forgot to get
the model # off the back, It is an AP53 Chassis. Someone repaired it
before, looks like all the low value current limit resistors were
replaced. Funny thing, Many are of different values, they have
obviously been replaced. Here goes,
RK15, 16 are 5.6 Ohm
RK20, 21 are 4.7 Ohm
RK25, 26 are 8.2 Ohm
RK30, 21 are 6.8 Ohm
RK35, 36 are 6.8 Ohm
RK41, 42 are 4.7 Ohm
none are open, I pulled all three STK4274's out and checked them with
my homemade huntron, all check the same, thought I might find at least
one with open output transistors looking back into the chip. All
three of these were replaced as well, could tell by the excessive
silicone transfer compound that was used. All of the diodes and caps
check out OK (with esr meter). I'd like to install the proper value
resistors for starters.
Does anyone have the values of these, or, perhaps a spot where I can
download the manual with the convergence/ alignment instructions?
This set is from my Dr. who did my heart surgery back in November,
would like to get it working for him.

Thanks in advance,

Markus