Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Greg G.

Default The Woodworking Channel?

Lobby Dosser said:

Greg wrote:

Hopefully, these issues will be addressed soon, because I almost
drooled on the keyboard when I saw the list of programs that were
lined up for broadcast - 24/7.

I get nothing but 'lost connection - reconnect now' and can't even see
their menus. Seems they do have a ways to go.

Subsequent broadcasts have improved, and a repeat broadcast
of a Sam Maloof segment was actually audible.

I would suspect that your particular problems are more related to your
connection or computer setup than on their end. I would suggest that
connection speed is also a critical component in getting a usable
stream. I serve video from out servers occasionally, and you really
need about three times the bandwidth of what is claimed for it to
actually work. And it is pretty much a Microsoft Windows product
oriented production. I am using Win2k and Media Player 9. Absolutely
will not go any further on either as far as versions.

The site makes uses a combination of Flash, Javascript, and Microsoft
Media Player for the streaming video. Check your firewall for blocked
ports, etc. Getting some of this stuff to work is all a black art...

FWIW,

Greg G.