Posted to rec.woodworking
stoutman

Default Ridgid vs Craftsman table saw

I'm honing in on my search for a new table saw. Looks like I'm down to the
Ridgid contractor's saw ($549 at the borg) vs. the Craftsman contractor's
saw (on sale this week at $629). The Ridgid includes a mobile base
(important to me); the Sears has a 3/4 cabinet and a 4" dust collection
port. Both are 1 1/2 hp with identical table top sizes. Each has what
appears to be a sturdy fence. The Sears saw has a miter gauge extension.

Any thoughts from owners of either of these saws?

I was going to take a peek at those saws on line tham I realized you didn''t
give MODEL numbers??

TIA

Cap'n 321