Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mogweed.

Default CH or DG - priority?

wrote in message
oups.com...
DG is waste of money - about the least cost effective way of reducing
fuel bills, don't bother. Draught proofing the opposite - can be very
cheap and very effective.

cheers

Jacob

In my original post I said that the existing windows had maybe four years of
life left in them. This is because the original wooden frames are getting
past it. The rest of the house was DG'd 10 years ago and we've just
repainted the outside of the house that isn't plastic and it's obvious that
this'll be the last time I can do these windows. It needs doing not to save
money but just because they need replacing.

Mogweed.