Posted to alt.home.repair
Photon713

Default Blow-in Insullation, How?

Hi Galen....

Blowing in is a two person job...one dumping in the insulation
and one directing where it goes. Make sure you wear breathing
and eye protection. It's a pretty dirty job, but, very easy to
install. I think the Home Depot guy was assuming you were
blowing in the insulation. I used the blow in method for both
of my attics...worked fine...I also covered over my air
conditioning duct work which also helped insulate my cold
air from attic heat (flexible tubing).

Home Depot rented all of the equipment.

Good Luck...Bob

--
______________
lvMMMCDLXXIX+1
"Galen Boyer" wrote in message
Based on a Home Depot recommendation, I bought Cocoon Cellulose R-19
Insulation. He said to just open the bag at the place you want it and
then just break it up with your hands. (Gloves and knife help)

I then read the web and it says I need a machine to blow this in and it
says I should use this for more cavity-type insulation needs.

So:

Should I not use blow-in insulation for my attic floor needs, or is it
fine to use? I don't plan on using this space for any type of storage.

Should I only "blow-in" with a machine, or is the home depot guy
correct?

Thanks.
--
Galen Boyer