Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery

Default Blow-in Insullation, How?

"Galen Boyer" wrote in message
Based on a Home Depot recommendation, I bought Cocoon Cellulose R-19
Insulation. He said to just open the bag at the place you want it and
then just break it up with your hands. (Gloves and knife help)

I then read the web and it says I need a machine to blow this in and it
says I should use this for more cavity-type insulation needs.

So:

Should I not use blow-in insulation for my attic floor needs, or is it
fine to use? I don't plan on using this space for any type of storage.

Should I only "blow-in" with a machine, or is the home depot guy
correct?

Use the machine with the blow in stuff. You need to fluff it up for it to
work correctly. If just laying insulation in by hand, go with the
fiberglass insulation.
Many types of insulation require air trapped in the spaces to give their
rated R values.