Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT

Default Blower Motor Failure

wrote:

They burn out.

Then they must be getting too hot (unless there's a design flaw
in the motor, which seems unlikely, especially since you've tried
more than one model). That can be because they're overloaded, or
because they're getting too high a voltage (e.g. due to power surges),
or because they're not getting adequate ventilation. I doubt the
first, especially since you said you upsized. When you replaced the
motor, did you also replace the capacitor? You should have. I'm not
familiar enough with the Trane to know about how the motor is
ventilated, but upsizing the motor could have worsened the effects
of any shortcomings there.