Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Nospam

Default Blown caps in DVD player

Have a DVD5052M DVD player that was powered up when it was found to be
dead. Power checked was ok, last used a couple of months ago. Opened and
found two caps had exploded with contents/foil spread across SMPSU
board. Likely that I can identify them from the remains so as to replace
them.

Question is in view that power was still on (fuse appears ok) and the
foil found between other components what is the likely hood that
replacement of the caps would restore functionality or would it be more
likely that other damage has occurred?

If repair is considered feasibility, apart from replacement of one with
a slight bulge on the top what other checks can I carry out on in situ
caps?

Pete