Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Geo

Default Help reading TC5518 Static Ram from Tractor monitor

On 25 Mar 2006 09:06:03 -0800, "ve3tjd" wrote:

Hi Guys:

I'm working on a "tractor performance monitor" from a farm tractor. It
uses an 6803U4 micro and I gather that the main program is stored on a
TC5518 static ram which is battery backed up. The problem came about
when the lithium cell went dead and the static ram lost it's contents.
I do have another working monitor, but does anyone know a way to read
it while it's still on the board? The board was manufactured in 1988.

I would have thought it /extremely/ unlikely that any manufacturer (especially
of a unit to be used in the wild) would trust his program to RAM. Are you
certain that there is no ROM (with the RAM being used as data storage)?

Geo