Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Greg G.

Default The Woodworking Channel?

Greg G. said:

Tom Nie said:

What's the website?
TomNie

http://www.thewoodworkingchannel.com/

The audio is extremely poor, and you better have a fast connection.
But even with no audio, it's still more appealing than watching
Microsoft MSDN Webcasts.

Tom,

Well, this was news to me, so I dropped in and watched a Maloof
episode. I think this is a great idea, as television generally sucks
beyond words, and we don't get DIY network or David Marks or anything
else here in fuel-screw land except the occasional Norm episode.

I believe they have a few technical issues to work out, so I'd say at
this point to "give it some time". It's ironic that I get decent
video, but the audio on the actual content is almost inaudible - even
with all settings maximized - but when the advertising content comes
up, it'll blast you out of your seat.

Hopefully, these issues will be addressed soon, because I almost
drooled on the keyboard when I saw the list of programs that were
lined up for broadcast - 24/7.

FWIW,

Greg G.