Posted to rec.woodworking
Phisherman

Default Odd objects to spread glue with

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 08:07:34 -0800, David wrote:

Not having a credit card handy (meaning: I'd have to walk from where the
thought struck me, approximately 30 feet into the house), I spotted a
wall outlet cover in a misc hardware drawer that looked like a likely
candidate for spreading glue on some 4" boards. Poured on the TBII and
took a swipe with the cover across the board. Wow! Nice even coverage.
gotta love the curved edge of those covers. Try it some time--it's
not as weird as it sounds.

What "odd" thing have you spread glue with, that worked well?

Dave

I'll use my finger to spread glue provided I have a tub of water handy
to clean up. The last time I used a thin 2x4" square of cherry, just
because it was handy. I have a glue roller (the kind that fit on top
of a glue bottle) but don't always use it. I like credit cards for
spreading glue, nice and flexible.