Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
brassbend

Default Google Earth

You know, while your at it use the Google map to look at the arch in ST.
Louis. Not far away from it in northerly direction is a parking lot that
appears to have an airplane painted on it. I really don't understand
that... is it a shadow?

LLB

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 17:29:49 -0800, "Bob Meyer"
wrote:

Try www.zillow.com
not only shows your house but the market value too.

And in my case..totally erroneously in both location and value.

It shows my house as been 4 houses away...and $100k over priced. For
both my house and the house indicated.

wrote in message
oups.com...
AFAIK it does not/ will not run on dial-up, will only run on
broadband.
The detail ranges from 'can't see a house' to 'seeing people
and cars reasonably well'.

I don't know if it will run any better on dialup, but this is also
a pretty nifty tool, most areas have arial photos, some areas
have "birds eye" photos which almost let you count clapboards
and paving stones:
http://local.live.com/

Also, google maps itself is pretty good, depending on the
available arial photos. I particularly like the "hybrid" view
which superimposes a street map on the arial photos:
http://maps.google.com/

I don't know if either will be able to do what you want, but at
least there are no programs to download (I'm sure just the
images will take long enough).
--Glenn Lyford

- Proverbs 22:3