PoP

Default Emergency generator question

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 18:24:53 GMT, "MrCheerful"
wrote:

My personal favorite though is to have one low draw ring main which is
only used for central heating pump, gas boiler, tv / satellite/ video,
and a couple of strategic lights, run this circuit off a ups and when
the rest of the house goes into darkness you have a few minutes of
light to fire up the generator to power the ups.

Sounds good. Perhaps I'm just being a bit thick here, but I have a
question......

Are you saying that the UPS supported mains is permanently configured
to run off the protected side of the UPS?

I can't see any other way of achieving what you suggest, and if that's
the case surely the protected circuit has to be sent around the house,
duplicating the regular (non-UPS) mains circuit?

PoP